Hi! We are Wunderman Thompson Commerce. A quirky global full-service digital agency that successfully inspires and grows retailers, brands, manufacturers & wholesalers in eCommerce, CX / UX and PIM / PXM. Our goal is to make our customers happy with the ultimate user experience across all channe...
Hi! We are Wunderman Thompson Commerce. A quirky global full-service digital agency that successfully inspires and grows retailers, brands, manufacturers & wholesalers in eCommerce, CX / UX and PIM / PXM. Our goal is to make our customers happy with the ultimate user experience across all channels. We are a family, are pragmatic and always deliver! To continue doing what we love to do, we are looking for a: Account Director
General Purpose of the Role
- Creates a vision on how the offerings of WTC will benefit the accounts digital agenda and how this can be translated into a strategic partnership;
- Maintains an exceptional understanding of the accounts’ corporate strategy, digital transition agenda, positioning to customers, and the priorities of various purchase decision-makers;
- Has a well-developed view on the accounts’ major stakeholders, like Senior Management, Business, Procurement, IT and a view on how to develop stakeholder relationships;
- Works with the WTC Craft Leads (Commerce, PIM, CX) to inspire the innovation agenda of your key accounts and thus creating cross- and upset opportunities that will grow the accounts;
- Devises and leads initiatives that benefit the customers ecommerce revenue and profitability and enhance the consumer experience;
- The Account Director will involve the wider Wunderman Thompson organisation where seen fit.
- Establishes strategic, productive and professional relationships with all relevant key decision makers in assigned customer accounts, not just for current but also for future opportunities;
- Promote Customer Happiness;
- Organise internal and external Quarterly Business Reviews to collect feedback and inspire the account with new ideas which can be converted into opportunities;
- Achieve annual and long-term revenue and profit growth;
- Proactively leads a joint-strategic account planning process with account stakeholders that documents mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones;
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, project completion and strategic objectives with assigned accounts;
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis;
- Provides input to the wider organisation for solution development efforts that best address customer needs;
- Keeps close contact with main senior subject matter experts of WTC on the account, like consultants, architects and project managers to learn about their perceived upsell opportunities;
- Stay up to date on new technologies, market events/conditions affecting the industry and ultimately grow WTC presence and increase revenue;
- Keeps close contact with other (Sr) Accountmanagers/Directors of Wunderman Thompson companies on the same account, if any, to align on a joint strategy to leverage on the wider value proposition of the WT brand;
- Reporting on sales pipeline and the relevant KPI’s (revenue, revenue distribution, customer happiness, etc.).
- 7-10 years agency experience, responsible for large accounts with complex DMU’s;
- Strong personality;
- Mature/Sr presence (not a push over!);
- Likes people;
- Strong networker;
- Good understanding of our business but A.D. experience in an agency is more relevant than hard-core commerce experience;
- Good organization skills;
- Experience with complex projects with a lot of moving parts;
- Good presentation skills;
- Strong written and oral language skills, at least Dutch and English.
We offer you:
- A good salary and benefits;
- A lot of challenging projects for great (inter)national customers;
- Freedom in your work;
- A nice informal working spac;
- Great company outings and access to a big network of WPP companies;
- No-nonsense and non-hierarchical organisation.
Who are we:
Our experts inspire, design, implement, integrate and realize successful eCommerce, CX / UX and PIM / PXM solutions with which B2B and B2C companies can grow. Our partners include Intershop, CommerceTools, Adobe Magento, SAP Hybris, Salsify, Informatica, ContentServ, ContentSquare and Optimizely. Everyone has their own qualities. At Wunderman Thompson Commerce, it does not matter what your individual role is; we are just a team and we want the very best for our customers.
As a result, we understand our customers and we have a great deal of knowledge of the challenges that our customers face every day. We speak the same language and do not stop until the customer is satisfied.