Our clients are mainly within the financial services, such as banking, insurance and investment. We support them with the delivery of innovative fintech software solutions. The project manager is responsible for the delivery of the projects from the very beginning of the assignment until the deliver...
Our clients are mainly within the financial services, such as banking, insurance and investment. We support them with the delivery of innovative fintech software solutions. The project manager is responsible for the delivery of the projects from the very beginning of the assignment until the delivery of the solution and sometimes even beyond.
Managing projects at Virtual Affairs (VA) is about absorbing dynamics and complexity. Leading your development teammates with various backgrounds serving clients in different countries. Your VA software development teammates all have several competences. Basically, your challenge is to create synergy between all these knowhows to deliver the best value for the client. The delivery needs to be done within the agreed boundaries; budget, scope and timeframe. As the chief of boundaries, you will manage these boundaries carefully and align with the stakeholders on this to manage their expectations.
No two days are the same. Just an example of a week as PM:
Monday: working from the VA office in Amsterdam - attending the Stand Ups of your teams - check progress made on last week activities, what is today's plan and how you can help your teammates.
Tuesday: plan the next sprint of the development team and align with the local Sitecore partner – you will make a financial report and keep a close eye on the budget – discuss the feasibility of the planning with the development team of the connecting backend partner.
Wednesday: act on some day-to-day project alignment with clients – attend a PM-meeting via skype with a North American client – in the afternoon you go to the airport to get your flight to London – in your hotel you will prepare the meeting for tomorrow.
Thursday: visit the client to have chat about the next phase of their digital growth – align via Skype with a Dutch client regarding the testing phase – prepare the schedule for your visit to the development team in Sofia next week.
Friday: in the early morning, you fly back to Amsterdam – arriving at the office and checking the progress and budget of your projects – you will take an early afternoon to enjoy your well-deserved weekend.
What will you bring
- Already managing agile/scrum software development projects for a couple of years now
- Little geeky regarding digital; you have good general understanding about web development technologies, Web CMS, Marketing Automation systems, Analytics, etc.
- ‘No surprises’ approach; because of your results-oriented focus you have the ability to identify, track and manage risk
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; you connect easily multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations
- Obviously maybe, but fluently Dutch and English is required
What’s in it for you
- Interesting, innovative fintech projects with a subzero coolness factor
- Freedom to organize the project in your own way
- Although we are based in Amsterdam, our client base is not only limited to the Netherlands
- We are serious about what we do, but we enjoy having an awesome time as well; table football, NES, an informal drink? We will join you!
- And of course, a competitive salary